Students currently attending primary or high school in Jamaica who meet the following criteria:
- Outstanding academic achievement (minimum 80% average and 75% average for primary and high school applicants respectively, in the year of application).
- Ranked in the Top 10 of his or her class (Primary school applicants).
- A commitment to learning and community service.
- Success in the face of adversity.
- Significant financial need.
How to apply
- Applicant must email all required documents in ONE PACKAGE.
- Package must include official transcript/report card from their primary or high school.
- Report cards must show the school’s seal and the relevant administrator’s signatures.
- 400 word introductory essay.
- Completed application packets should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line Future Leaders of Jamaica Scholarship.
- Guidance Counselors can recommend a maximum of 10 students per year to the scholarship program.
- Awardees will be selected by the Future Leaders of Jamaica Scholarship Committee.
- The number of awardees will vary depending on the funding available in the scholarship fund.
- All Scholarship Committee decisions are final.
- Scholarships are renewable annually for up to a maximum of 7 years (1st – 6th form).
- Awardees must notify and obtain written consent from the Future Leadership of Jamaica Scholarship Committee prior to accepting any other scholarship awards.
Applicants will be judged based on their written essay, academic accomplishments and financial need. The nominees with the highest combined point totals in the below categories will be notified and awarded scholarships. The categories are:
- Academic Achievements (40 points) — Class Average (15 points) and GSAT Results (25 points)
- Essay — (30 points)
- Financial Need — (30 points)